The Working Principle of Induction Lamp
Magnetic induction lighting are primarily ﬂuorescents lamps with electromagnets wrapped around a section of the lamp tube. High frequency energy from the electronic ballast(generator) blasts through wires wrapped in a coil around the ferrite inductor, creating powerful magnet shocks.
The induction coil produces a very strong magnetic ﬁeld which travels through the glass and excites the mercury atoms in the interior which are provided by a pellet of amalgam (solid mercury).
The mercury atoms emit UV light and, just as in a ﬂuorescent rube, the UV light is up-converted to visible light by the phosphor coating on the inside of the tube.
Disruptive lighting technology to the conventional lighting and the lamp does not rely on brining ﬁlaments or electrodes.
Electrodelessly, the Low-frequency Electrode less Lamp (LEL) relies on the fundamental principles of electromagnetic induction and gas discharge to create light.
TELX has built up its irreplaceable position on its trade by the excellent performance on different occasions. Factories, gyms, gasstations, tunnels and other places with high consumption of electric are the most commonly place the induction use for.
- For our health, induction lamp is designed with most professional lighting techs to soft the light, keep the light smooth, and protect eyes in advance.
- For the eﬀect, the cover part from modern laboratory helps the lighting eﬀect over 94 percent, which is 20 percent better than other competitors.
- ELX creatively does developing work for ballasts and tubes, and produce it itself. The materials are been selected, the art is designed with care. All of these assured the products with long life(over 100 thousand hours, top 1 in the world) and almost none of ﬁxture.
- ELX focus on heat dissipation since the beginning of the research, such as dry heat test of the materials, heat dissipation eﬀect of the lamps, the ambient temperature of electric appliance etc.to keeps the working temperature on the minimum standard of industry and long-term stability.
- The excellent protection feature, which protection grade reaches IP66, and the eﬀect of water resistant (which can extend the product's life)and dust resistant(which can keep the work environment of electronic components for no change, ensure good heat dissipation within the environment of original design)is on the top of the whole industry, makes the product adapt to severe environment such as under shallow water, high pollution or corrosion.
- Special light, such as animal and plant growth lamp, which is designed by ELX, is strongly focused by agricultural and forestry user in China and aboard in recent years
Features of Induction Technology:
Long Lifespan: Life of lamp and ballast up to 100.000 hours.
High Energy Effciency: Increased lumen eﬃciency of up to 85Lm/W compared with average incandescent, metal halide lamps and current energy saving lamps, respectively saving up to 85%,50%,40%.
High Colour Rendering: Induction lightings color rendering index is rated more than 80%.
Little Lumen Decay: 2,000hours less than 5%, 20,000hours less than 15%.
No Flickering: Induction lighting is kind on your eyes with no ﬂickering and less eye fatigue observed operating frequency is 140KHZ to 250KHZ.
Environment Friendly: Mercury amalgamation technology will remain in its solid state throughout the life of the globe even if the globe is broken. With 99% coeﬃcient of recovery makes it a real environmental friendly lighting source.
Low Heat: Working surface temperature below 80°c and low thermal sensitivity would not cause serious light decay, stability decreased or aging of reﬂector.
Stable Working: No matter what changes the supply voltage, the working voltage would not change, particularly suitable for places with large power ﬂuctuations.
Soft Light: Large light emitting area, brightness scattered, less glare, avoid light pollution.
Electrode less lamp history
Generation 1: Origin (1891)
The Legendary Nikola Tesla demonstrated the wireless transfer of power to light and power distribution on it. He predicted a new lighting technology based on this principles will be "much more economical and yielding a light of indescribable beauty and softness than the traditional incandescent lighting"
(Tesla, The World 1929)
Generation 2: Laboratory (1907)
Nobel winner J.J.Thomson invented the high frequency induction lamp. Limited by the technologies of that time, the lamp was only a laboratory darling.
Generation 3: Evolution (1990s)
1990 PHLIPS,1994 GE,1996 Panasonic,1998 OSRAM,respectively launched their induction lamps, with no more than 150W,often unstable,costly,sometimes defective, lacked of wide and competitive commercial potentials.
Generation 4: Revolution (ELX in 2011)
ELX awed the world by launching the revolutionary "ELX" Induction Lamp series, up to 400W, with superior performance, exceptionalstability, and the most competitive cost, an unlimited potential for mass commercial use.